Friday, March 16, 2018

Didn't I write about this before?

Have you ever had that moment where you step on your weighing scale and think - wait a minute, that just can't be right!! I used to blame it on "that time" of the month but now almost in my mid 40s "that time" doesn't come around quite as often. It is what it is ~ eating my 6 year old sons leftovers, too many treats, mindless snacks, and definitely not enough exercise. It is a little sad when you're asked the question ~ did you just have a baby and your answer is ~ Yes, 6 years ago!! 


I have been fighting the good fight for the past 30 odd year. As a fairly inactive teen I thought I was pleasantly plump but little did I realize how quickly what's cute as a teen can be jarring as a grown up. In all my years of dieting and exercise I have tried the Atkins Diet, joined Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers, gone sugar free chocolate free, gluten free. I have never starved myself - I love food way too much for that, but I have definitely been tempted to try diet pills.

Luckily commonsense won out and I used a food diary and joined a whole bunch of exercise classes to lose the pounds. All of this occurred when I was 28, and 30, and 32, and 35, and 40, and most recently 42. Since then we left the comfortable lifestyle of Dallas to move to sunshine filled Singapore for the Hubs work. An adventure ~ yes, a more active day to day lifestyle ~ yes, a thinner me ~ No.

Blame it on the multitude of cuisines out here, the heat, the lack of cheap gym options and personal trainers but in reality it comes down to one word ~ Malaise. I need to shake off the inertia of my day to day life and revisiting this blog is part of it. 

So welcome to my journey - Part Deux. Let's get to know each other as I chat about weight loss, parenting, trailing spouses and potential career changes. It's time to begin again!! 

1 comment:

Anu Russell said...

Glad to see you are back to writing!!! Welcome back!