Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cookie Breakdown

It finally happened - my good intentions met an oatmeal raisin cookie (ok, several) and you can guess who won!! The irony of it is that I'm not even that fond of the aforementioned cookie. Give me a chocolate chip, or a chocolate macadamia nut, or a chocolate espresso (can anyone see a theme here) or even a black and white cookie and I'll be far happier....

It just happened to be one of those days - "that" time of the month, my need for something to munch with my coffee and the fact that the box of cookies just happened to be in the house. Ostensibly I had bought the cookies for my friends kids who had come over to swim last week but with all the fun we had in and outside of the pool I completely forgot to give them any....

To compound it all we went out for dinner to Brio's last night - a really amazing Italian restaurant with the fluffiest bread, olive oil and sun dried tomato dip and these mini desserts in espresso cups..... Did I manage to step away from all of that... what do you think?? The good news is that since these were really miniature servings divied up amongst several people it wasn't as bad as it could have been... Lets keep our fingers crossed and see what impact this has on my weekly weigh-in tomorrow....

Sunday evenings are usually about getting set for the rest of the week... since both Appu (the hubs) & I are in town this week I'll be cooking up a storm - or at least enough to last us thru Friday.... now lets go see what's in the fridge...

No comments: