Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Feed a Cold...

So I woke up last morning feeling like c**p on toast... I had finally come down with the summer cold I'd been trying to avoid.... Allergy levels in Texas are at an all time high & while I refuse to acknowledge that I may have a problem, between the high pollen levels, being around sick people at work & play & helping our friends R & S clean out their house I was bound to come down with a slight case of the sniffles....

After sneezing & coughing my way through most of the work day I sneaked home a wee bit early for some much needed rest on the couch... A pot of hot tea, Vitamin C aplenty, a plateful of hummus & pita chips, a few oatmeal & raisin cookies, and a handful of almonds later I was feeling a teensy bit better.... I guess the adage does hold - Feed a cold, and starve a fever... of course I had to make sure the second part of the the hypotheseis held true too.... a few hours later I took my temperature and at a shade over a 100 it was back to hunger mode...

Given how sick I was feeling I decided it would be wiser not to venture into the kitchen & called the hubby to pick up some Taco Hell on the way home... Poor Appu - he came home early to find a cranky wife, an excitable dog, dishes piled high in the sink & tissue paper balls everywhere... For a split second I could see him wince before putting on a cheery smile....

The good news is that I woke up feeling a lot better this morning... my sexy, 'man' voice is almost gone & I can breathe through my nose like a regular person.... The house of course looks like a tornado hit... its in dire need of cleaning.... Maybe tonight...

1 comment:

Anu Russell said...

hahahah!!! The sexy man voice...