Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Chocolate Overload

It’s been 2 weeks since my last weigh-in…. I stepped on the scale this morning only to startle poor Jolie with a resounding shriek…. I think the batteries on my scale must have given out ~ after all, what else can explain the 3 pound weight gain??? It can’t be that I come home in the evening, barely exercise and then flop down on the couch & grab the remote….. With Appu back in Vietnam for the past week there’s been no one to keep tabs on me & my good intentions disappeared under the onslaught of chocolate…

First up this week were dessert trays brought in by a colleague – Damn you, chocolate fudge!!! Soon to follow – the last spoonfuls of icecream in the tub in the fridge, innumerable cups of hot chocolate to fight the sugar slump in the afternoon at work, and finally today – a ginormous chocolate chip cookie…. Oh chocolate, you will be the death of me…..

Ok, time to crack the whip… I have 3 weeks till the hubby returns to Dallas & another week thereafter till my parents hit…. That means a potential 4 pound weight is needed to avoid the ribbing I might receive from the familia… Hmm – is it doable, yes…. Shall it be achieved – ummmm – lets cross our fingers…

1 comment:

Anu Russell said...

hahahaha...we all try now...don't we! some try more harder than the other :)