Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Long Goodbye

A dear girl in our friends circle lost her battle with cancer… It had been a while coming – she had been trying to fight this for the past year & a half but M’s body could no longer take the onslaught…. Her husband S is a dear colleague & friend of Appu’s – I met them last year just before the cancer returned (she had fought it before) and really admired this amazing, gracious, courageous woman …. The tests, the chemo, the radiation, the drug cocktails – they tried everything till her organs finally started giving way…

Sups & I went over last evening to meet S… I have never seen anyone look quite so bereft – he truly seemed a ship without an anchor – …. After being married for 16 odd years with an adorable 10 year old I just can’t imagine what he’s going through… Appu & I both pray that S & his daughter will find the strength & courage to carry on & live their lives the way M would have wanted….

Adieu M – we’ll meet again someday

1 comment:

Bubble said...

That is so very sad, almost disheartening given that I am heading out to MDACC tomorrow for some additional tests :(