Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The First Temptation of Ash

Talk about a One-Two punch! Today was my 4th Sugar-Free Day which (unfortunately for me) coincided with my weekly Fasting Day. By now you know what Sugar-Free Me entails but Fasting Me is an entirely different ball game. Fasting Me eats fruits, nuts, yoghurt & drinks milk for Breakfast, Lunch & Snack-Time. Real Food is allowed at Dinner but it’s got to be vegetarian.

So imagine my poor deprived senses being subjected to the wafting smells of Bar-B-Que Turkey, Sausage and Beef. My eyes driven crazy with the mounds of Mashed Potatoes, Creamy Coleslaw and Crusty Bread. My nose crinkling up as it caught a whiff of the chocolate chunks in the ginormous Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was sensory overload times a hundred in the luncheon seminar at work today!! Here was lil ‘ol me with my cupful of yoghurt with its sprinkling of raisins and there was TEMPTATION rearing its evil head!! Who do you think won?

Actually, me! I’m extremely kicked with myself for not succumbing so am heading home to reward myself with a flaky slice of Sourdough bread. Hmmm, could carbs be my new friend? Watch this space for Temptation Ash-Land Part 2.

2 comments:

Anu Russell said...

Dude and you handled carrying the cups of love for me without killing me...so good going...very proud of you!

Ash said...

Even though I did give-in to the sourdough bread last night still feeling very proud!! 4 days down - only 26 odd more to go...